Saturday, July 16, 2011

Web site review: Power to Learn

For this assignment, I will be reviewing the following Web site: http://www.powertolearn.com/articles/teaching_with_technology/index.shtml.

I found this site to be very useful! I like the fact that it has an archive of articles that one can browse. It's easy to find topics that are interesting or relevant to what we are teaching or topics that include technology we might be interested in using in our classrooms. I found a number of articles right away that I started reading. I found myself bookmarked them for future reference. It seems that they are published somewhat frequently, as well.  

There are also a number of other resources on this Web site that are useful, such as the "technology resources" page which provides information about various Web sites and software that might be of use to us as teachers.There is also a very good software review page on this Web site. 


My favorite part though, are the lesson activities. If you click on that link, you can find lesson activities specifically for World Language classes, and each one enumerates the technology and materials needed for the activity.


Overall I find this site very useful. I will definitely be bookmarking it!

No comments:

Post a Comment