Saturday, July 23, 2011

Web site review: Carnegie Mellon

Bonsoir,

For this assignment, I will be talking about Carnegie Mellon's Educational Technology Web page which is located here: http://www.cmu.edu/teaching/technology/index.html.

The page layout is easily navigable. It's very simple overall, and all the information we would need is listed right on this page. I find that there isn't a whole lot of useful information on this site though, at least for me personally and probably for a lot of USF students. The whole first section is dedicated to tools that we have here at USF such as Blackboard, SafeAssignment, TurnItIn, and the "clickers." We should consider ourselves lucky to be attending a university that has access to this technology. We have already been exposed to it which will make it that much easier for us to become used to it if we ever have the opportunity to use it as teachers instead of as students. Other links on this page provide information about podcasting and webcasting. The site also elaborates on some projects that Carnegie Mellon's Office of Technology for Education (OTE) is working on as they relate to introducing technology to the classroom. This is probably the most unique part of the Web site because most of the other parts contain very common information, information that we have seen before in other Web sites. This is not to say that is isn't still useful information, however. 


Overall, I feel like this page doesn't have as much useful information as other sites we have reviewed, but as I mentioned above, I do like the projects section. I do have a problem trying to see how these projects are related to my future teaching, however. I will bookmark the site and check back frequently for more information!.

No comments:

Post a Comment